miércoles, 1 de julio de 2015

EL PRIMERO EN ENTERARME DE SU PRÓXIMA VISITA A MI PAÍS. LA AUDIENCIA PRIVADA, MI EXPERIENCIA.



First and fore most when you called me and informed me of the possibility to com to Rome and be part of the team to meet the Holy Father Francis, this was the greatest surprise that i received in my life. This is something i had never prayed for. 1 Cor 2:9. This i received as a gift from heaven. Then you asked me to take care of my bills, without hesitating i said Yes. To be honest to you Papa I had ZERO in my pocket. I said to myself, if the Lord can think of me to go and meet the Holy Father, for sure money will drop from heaven and this is exactly what happened.

When you told me to wait, i used that time for prayer and fasting 1. so that you don't change your mind
2. that i will get the money
3. That the day should find me alive.
when you said yes, i started talking to my friends, my Parish Priest and all of them told me that they were praying for me... but NO money.  I went to the Lord again and told him " Lord you don't do things half half" the next day one person called me and gave me all the money i need for the ticket and travel and the white Fathers promised to accommodate me at their generate  and take care of my meals all the days i was to be with them. Great is the Name of the Lord.

Another miracle, came in as His Grace the Nuncio to Uganda helped to get a visa from the Italian Embassy.  Glory to God.

allow me to leave out many other details

From the day i paid for the ticket, time stopped. Days were not going, i got so many sleepless nights, the expectation was so great. I prayed at every stage of my trip. Thank God i was alone and most places i never understood the language, i spoke to the Lord.

On the 10/ June, i was very happy to meet you and the team, this too was an experience in my life.....meeting the international team  of EESA.
As we moved through the check points i kept praying and i could feel like Moses that i was standing on Holy ground. I kept saying Thank you Jesus Glory to you Lord.
I had prepared my sentence to tell the Holy Father but when i saw him.......hmm,....I lost it all. I felt overshadowed with the Love of God. I told him from my heart without thinking HOLY FATHER AM HAPPY TO SEE YOU. He looked at me and smiled. Then i was directed where to sit. It was like a dream, but i was overflowing with Joy. I thank God i missed my translator, i contemplated, my experience went deep.

 When he talked to us, i looked at him and saw the deep love he shared with us from his heart . NO paper!! Pope with no paper!! Oh My God!!!! I dint understand but i never wanted him to stop talking. He was communicating to my heart as he talked with emotions and free expressions. To me it was like he was taking to his friends leave alone his children. God bless him.

 Shaking his HOLY hand a second time was another gift to me and when he gave us his SKULL CUP i was totally finished.I had to tell my self its real and not a dream.  Now i know how Peter felt on the mountain of transfiguration. I never wanted to leave... Then the third hand shake here i was a bit calm i told him Holy Father greetings from Uganda. And He Replied I am coming to Uganda this November. I became the first one to receive the message of his coming.

we came back and every one was translating for me what he said, we got delicious meal still in a state of wonder.

When every one left i sat in St. Peters square removed my shoes and stayed there for quite some time just in the presence of the Lord Jesus saying nothing. Until i got strength to walk back to the house of the Missionaries of Africa. I shared with the Fathers and they gave glory to God.

Am still in the experience, I thank you heartily dear Papa for this great gift of my life. Thank you for giving me the chance my regards to all the International team who were part of this decision. On my part as an individual i felt a deeper call and renewal in my commitment in serving him and his beloved people. Pray for me.

Edward Bagonza
EESA Uganda